cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

AS400 printing to WC7225 fails

Environment has existing HP and Kyocera units printing with no drama. WC 6605DN and WC 5330 print OK as lomg as the drawer calls are set correctly. Jobs sent to the WC 7225 simply hang in the AS400 queue, which indicates "PNDG" (pending) with job status in CIS showing "preprossing". At this point no jobs appear on the UI current joibs screen, but after about 10 min. a deleted job will appear in the completed jobs screen with blank status.

This is a hosted AS400 server, and the hosting companie's tech support indicates they don't support xerox, and are unwilling to load the AS400 Workstation Customization Object Library for Xerox Products WSCO definitions. I'm not sure they would help anyway, but I'm at a loss as to why standard HP and Kyocera units just work, along with the WC6605DN and WC5330, but the 7225 fails.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AS400 printing to WC7225 fails

Hi BQBSJT,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the system administrator guide page 137 for information on printing to the WorkCentre 7225 on AS400.  If this information does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Re: AS400 printing to WC7225 fails

I know this is an old thread, but maybe it might help someone looking.  Whenever printing from AS/400, enabling bi-directional inside the RAW Protocol for Port1 has always been the key to fixing this issue for me.  Goto the machines webpage, properties, connectivity, setup, and edit the RAW TCP/IP.  In there, check the box for bi-directional.