cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS400 problem in Xerox4112: unable to print on A3 format

we have configured X4112 on our AS400 V5R3M0
we are able to print on A4

bu wen we send a print job, in drawer 3 wich A3 paper, the printer give a message and don't print

i need somebody to help me with knowledge in as400 environement and configuring WSCST objet in AS400

thanks a lot

Alessandro

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: AS400 problem in Xerox4112: unable to print on A3 format

You need much more of the specifics to get help.

1. Is the 4112 what you are printing to or are you going to a Fiery or Freeflow?

2. What error does the machine display? be specific.

3. Are you using the xtools library?

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

then...

1) i have configured the 4112 in as400 using xtool with these command
CRTXWSC WSCNAME(X4112) MBRNAME(XRX41XXCP)  
-----
CRTXDEVPRT PRTNAME(X4112) RMTLOC('192.168.1.111') WSCNAME(X4112) PPSIZ1(*A4) PPSIZ2(*A4)

2) the error from web page status is: check paper tray

the error from web page jobs is: for action (''intervento utente'' in italian)

the error from the control panel in italian is:''impossibile rilevare il formato originale. Riposizionare l'originale o selezionare un vassoio carta e premere avvio''

3)yes i used xtool library.... and from as400 spoolfile i selected the drawer 3 wich contani A3 paper

thanks....Alessandro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Having a difficult time translating, it definitely sounds like a copy error, not print since it mentions the original size.

It almost seems like it is looking for A3 portrait feed from the error. I assume the A4 in your example code is a mistype

Jobs Print on the Wrong Tray/On Wrong Media

1. wrkdevd <queue-name>
  2. hit enter
  3. choose option 2
  4. hit the page down key once
  5. Make Sure their Paper Source states *A3, or whatever media type they are attempting to print on.
  6. If this is correct, use F3 to exit to main menu and continue with the following
    1. wrkoutq <queue name>
    2. Ordered List Itemchoose option 2 on the file they are trying to print and press enter
    3. Press F10 for more options
    4. Ensure Source Drawer is set correctly

If the Paper Source is not set correctly, do the following:

1. ENDWTR <queuename> *IMMED
  2. VRYCFG <queuename> *DEV *OFF
  3. WRKDEVD <queuename>
  4. Choose item 2
  5. Change Paper Source to intended output

To go deeper you would likely need to call Xerox and send a spool file for them to Analyze.

If most jobs are on A3 I would just set that as a default in PCL Language Emulation and send the jobs unspecified from the AS400 via CWIS.

Properties>Services>Printing>Language Emulations>PCL

Capture.GIF

Or, if you wanted you could switch to the PostScript and build up to 20 Logical Printers (use them in As400 as "Remote Printer Queue"

2.GIF

Those 20 Logical Printers can be used via the queues on the AS400.

3.GIF

For anything else though, it would probably be best to actually contact Xerox, and get somebody who can.

If there is a Fiery attached nothing here applies, if that is the case just follow the attached pdf as it is entirely different than the Xerox setup

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos