I finally got this figured out. For anyone in the future with the same issue, here are the steps that I took:
1) Use a computer with Windows on it (that's just the way it works, I guess)
2) Download the printer driver for the version of windows you are using (just search for your printer... I had to use something called PrintDriver Utilities)
3) I ran the .exe file that was in the zip file and then just went through the whole process. It pretty much walks you through it once you get there. This was the key, the software set the printer up to work over our wifi.
There is no workaround, you must access the webui, if your Mac can't, use your phone (If you don't use a smartphone have the next random person who comes there to do it with theirs)
That was very informative, though my issue still remains. I would prefer to connect via USB, but I have a Mac. I haven't been able connect to the printer via the IP address. Is there any other workaround?
Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solution for enabling or disabling the banner page. In this same solution will have the option to enable or disable the device start-up page. Please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.
I just recently got this printer, and it's working great. I just have two issues that would make my day.
1) Every time I turn on the machine, it prints out a diagnostic report
2) Every time I print, it prints out a cover page
I've found that the only way to change these types of settings that I know of is to access the dashboard using the IP address. The printer isn't normally connected to the internet, but when I connect it and get the new IP address (and even when I don't), I can't access this dashboard that everyone talks about would fix my problem. I enter the IP address and nothing happens.
Any help would be appreciated as I hate having to print 3 sheets of paper for every one sheet that I actually want to print.
Solved! Go to Solution.