Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Adjust Image Position?

Jump to solution

How do you adjust the image position on the sheet? I don't see a way to do it either from the regular prtinter menu or through the additional options that come up with you access the printer via the Internet.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Adjust Image Position?

Jump to solution

Heya!

More information is needed actually, this can be done on some machines, I know it can be done in certain applications like Command Workstation etc.

When it comes to Tray alignment, it can be done on big machines like the 260, but on smaller machines this is a technician matter.

If you just want to position images, and not the whole print, this is done depending on the application you use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Jump to solution

I submitted a job to the machine that was 11x17 landscape. The image was exactly 10x16 (enclosed by a half point border within the image area). There should have been a half inch margin on all four sides. That is, the image should have been centered on the page. Instead, the image was about one eighth too high and about 3 or 4 points too far to the right. Is there a way to adjust the image position on the 7800GX so the it hits in the right place? (I am aware of workarounds such as moving the image in my original InDesign document.)

I haven't yet done two-sided printing, for instance, as in creating a booklet, but it will be essential in such a job to be able to adjust the position to make sure that the pages back up properly. We in fact have a 260 and I am familiar with both "tray alignment" and "adjust image position." I use "adjust image posiiton" frequently, which you are able to do in fractions of a point. My question is: Does the 7800GX have anything at at like this -- even a less robust version?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

No sry, I do NOT think the smaller machines does have anything like this.

Though as I'm not 100% sure either so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi homeboy,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Have you tried using the image position tool?  Please take a look at this solution from the support page for your machine and see if this will help. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Jump to solution

Not only was your solution the right one, but the tool itself worked perfectly. Thanks.

0 Kudos