cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

After current driver install, won't print with "backend failed" error

Product Name: ColorQube 8580
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina

I recently installed the most up to date drivers from Xerox for my ColorQube 8580 running on a Mac under Mac OS 10.15.5. Install went well. During printer install, I get a choice to install using "Airprint", "Secure Airprint" or "ColorQube 8580DN 5.5.2". I started with the last one. When I try to print, the printer fails with a "Backend" failed error. If I delete the printer and re-install it, no matter which flavor I install under (eg, Airprint, Secure Airprint or the driver named for the printer"), I get the same problem and can't print. 

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thank you.

David

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: After current driver install, won't print with "backend failed" error

Hello David,

There was a new driver made available yesterday for Catalina, so I would recommend trying that one:

https://www.support.xerox.com/support/colorqube-8580/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=macOS10_15&...

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

If I am to believe the listing that the link takes me to, it is not a driver from "yesterday" but rather from February 18, 2020, which is the link to the same driver I have been using. I will try it, but either the date listed on the driver is wrong or it is the very driver that is not working for me.

Thank you. I will try this tonight when I get home.

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry I may have read the wrong product from your origonal message when giving you info on the new driver. You can still try the un-install and re-install and see if that works.

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos