cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dthree New Member

AltaLink states "job deleted by user" when leaving a print job unattended for around 30 minutes

Product Name: Xerox AltaLink C8055
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

I have someone who fills up every tray on their Xerox C8055, sends a massive job from their computer, and leaves for the night.

Every time they come back in the morning, after between 25-35 minutes, the job says "Deleted by User". I am 100% certain no user went into that space and the printer-computer network is airgapped.

The AltaLink has an EFI Fiery as well.

I have looked all over and I cannot for the life of me find a setting that would cancel this job:

- The PC power settings are set to never turn off or go into background

- No power settings found on EFI

- Xerox has no timeout settings, it's set to maximum performance.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Mohammad_armouti Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: AltaLink states "job deleted by user" when leaving a print job unattended for around 3

Hi dthree,

try this 

go to EWS > properties >  login as Admin  user name is admin  and password is "1111" then go to

> Apps >printing > Hold All Jobs > select continue to print user job(s).

jobb.png

Regards,

0 Kudos
dthree New Member

Re: AltaLink states "job deleted by user" when leaving a print job unattended for around 3

Thank you.

I want to clarify I'm not holding the job ever, so I'm not sure this setting would apply. I may be missing something.

What's happening is that she actually sends the job. It's printing. It prints for 30 minutes and then cancels mid job.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

So if you re-print it in the morning from the Fiery does it work?

Is it in a faulted state in the Fiery? (Will show red in the printed queue in Command Workstation)

If so, what is the fault there?

It sounds like one of 2 scenarios, the job is printing, but still not fully sent from their PC when they log out/ shut down, or the printer is set to do a Secure Disk image Overwrite and does so mid job, this could be something set to happen hourly, daily at a specific time etc etc. See here:

1.JPG

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe