Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrysstyann

B215 - Gibberish characters when printing PDFs over WIFI on MacOS Catalina

Product Name: Xerox B215 Multifunction Printer
Operating System: macOS 10.15 - Catalina

Hey community,

For a few weeks, I have a Xerox B215 which is awesome except for a situation I'm encountering often and often these days.

When I print PDFs from my laptop (MacOS Catalina), sheets are coming out from the printer with gibberish characters. 
I have the printer connected to my WIFI, it is out of the question using it with a USB cable.

Could anyone guide me on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you,
Cristian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TammyL-Xerox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: B215 - Gibberish characters when printing PDFs over WIFI on MacOS Catalina

Hello chrysstyann, 

I found this article that explains possible reason for getting gibberish when printing. If you are still having issues after trying these steps, I suggest that you call into our support department for assistance @ 1-800-821-2797 or 1-800-835-6100 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
RGSimon

I have same problem as chrysstyann whether I'm printing via wi-fi from macbook or mac mini, both using Catalina o/s.  Also two additional problems:  

The printer prints endless pages of gibberish that only stops if I manually pause it by opening the printer icon in the task bar.  However, the manual pause is not instantaneous.  Until it stops, I've lost dozen sheets of paper or more to printed gibberish. 

With macbook, this problem only occured with pdfs.  Word docs print normally.

With mac mini, this problem applies to both word docs and pdfs.

In summation, the printer connects via wifi but I can't use it to print; all I do is waste paper.  

0 Kudos
RGSimon

PS. I've tried all the procedures in the article TammyL linked to in her response to chrysstyann.
0 Kudos