Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Blurred Printing

Product Name: ColorQube 8580
Operating System: Windows 10

Hi all,

I hope someone can assist me with an issue that I've been having with our office printer.  It began to print the occasional blurry page, but this was solved by either sending the document again or switching the printer off and then on again.  This began happening more and more until it became every page.  I've included images of how the prints have come off.

It's similar in appearance to a double exposure on a photo, which is what has lead me to believe it is something to do with the drum (perhaps to oily as I've seen in other posts), but I was hoping that someone would be able to say "yes, it is the drum, open the printer up and dab it clear of excess oil and it should return to normal" before I start to dismantle it as it looks to be a very involved process and would rather not go down that route if there is another solution to the problem with less interfering with the inner mechanics of the printer.

I'm happy to pull it apart if I need to, but would prefer not to if I don't necessarily have to.  I've already tried doing the cleaning cycles in the troublshooting menu.  This print issue happens whether it's a document sent from a computer or from menu on the actual printer.

Thanks in advance.

200911072322406770000.jpg200911072323116130000.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Blurred Printing

@InnoxAndy wrote:

Hi all,

I hope someone can assist me with an issue that I've been having with our office printer.  It began to print the occasional blurry page, but this was solved by either sending the document again or switching the printer off and then on again.  This began happening more and more until it became every page.  I've included images of how the prints have come off.

It's similar in appearance to a double exposure on a photo, which is what has lead me to believe it is something to do with the drum (perhaps to oily as I've seen in other posts), but I was hoping that someone would be able to say "yes, it is the drum, open the printer up and dab it clear of excess oil and it should return to normal" before I start to dismantle it as it looks to be a very involved process and would rather not go down that route if there is another solution to the problem with less interfering with the inner mechanics of the printer.

I'm happy to pull it apart if I need to, but would prefer not to if I don't necessarily have to.  I've already tried doing the cleaning cycles in the troublshooting menu.  This print issue happens whether it's a document sent from a computer or from menu on the actual printer.

Thanks in advance.

200911072322406770000.jpg200911072323116130000.jpg

Hi,

It could be from a defective Wave amp PWB, from a faulty or dirty drum encoder, from the drum thermistor not being in cotact with the drum or from printhead tilt spring on left handside printhead restraint not properly seated against printhead.

Gabi

0 Kudos