I see no one has responded to this post yet. So, at this point I would recommend contacting your local Xerox Support Department to speak with a Product Specialist for more assistance. Please call 1-800-821-2797 or 1-800-835-6100.
We have a number of Versalink C500 printers and they have developed a strange issue. Sometimes users will print a document, the document will print a few pages, then start printing from the begining again.
- This behavior continues until the printer runs out of paper or someone cancels the job.
- This behavior happens across word, excel and acrobat files.
- The behavior occurs somewhat randomly. It does not happen every time and does not always occur even with the same document.
- The issue seems to happen more often with print jobs that are 25+ pages. I have not had any reports of smaller print jobs having this issue.
- The printer shows the following in the log : Aborted(016-720)
- We are using a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter installation as our corporate print server.
- Printers are updated to the latest firmware.
We were using one of the PCL6 drivers and have switched to the Xerox GPD PCL6 V5.887.3.0 driver in an attempt to troubleshoot but the issue remains.
Anyone have any thoughts about how to resolve the issue.