cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

C60 docuemtn sizes incorrect after installing from print server

Our issue that we have is we are installing a C60 onto Windows 10 (64bit) machines and on a few machines when they install, the paper size settings are the same as from the print server (3rd party software called Printer Logic), however a majority of users installing hte same printer the same way get various paper size settings.  If you go to the Printer Properties then Printer Preferences and Printer defaults, the Document size is way off with things like 5.5x11 or 9.3x17.  We can change them on the user machines (server side is already corect) but when a user reboots the changes go away and revert back to incorrect settings.  If we check the box "

choose papersource by pdf page size" when printing a PDF the paper size goes to correct setting but users want it to already be correct size without having to go into settings for every print job.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: C60 docuemtn sizes incorrect after installing from print server

The same driver on the same OS the same way can't have different options, so something is being missed during install for those with the odd sizes.

Due to it being Win10 I would guess a V4 (or class driver) is being used, and probably no Print Experience app is installed to make it more functional. Or, the affected user(s) did not de-select this and ended up with a port that MS then converted to WSD and broke it all

1.JPG

For anything concrete you would need to provide the

Server OS

Driver version and some screenshots

2.JPG

3.JPG

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

We use printer Logic as a "print server" it is web based and users just click on an icon for the printer they need.  all the drivers and profile settings such as paper size, offsetting, stapler, etc... are configured there so the user has no choice in what is done when installed.  I have installed on several pcs today and all of them show the same settings we set in the profile on server side but then some users do a fresh install and immediately see odd paper size settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hopefully someone with Printer Logic will stumble across this post then since the driver doesn't have any control of the job. I can't help because I have no access to it.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos