cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DOBERMANN New Member

Re: Empty toner after replacement

Got the new toner. Put in the new cartridge and the message said "shake toner" so I did. Repeat. Third time the message read the brand new high capacity was empty. According to the tech I talked to, once the printer reads the cartridge chip and determines it empty, it will always read that chip as empty. Regardless if it is or not. So ... once a cartridge is deemed empty, it always will be. You can buy chips to put on the toner, but the printer will always think it's empty if there is a clog in the printer's toner receptacle. So, how do u clean the clog? Xerox won't tell u...it's a secret, even after you do clean it, all the cartridges are useless because the printer will still read the chips as empty. I called a local Xerox dealer to see if they wanted to buy my less than two year old printer for parts (and high capacity toner) ...they laughed and told me to just throw it in the dumpster.
0 Kudos
gabiene Advisor
Advisor

Re: Empty toner after replacement

It's not a secret, but you need a technician, because you need to remove several components of the toner dispersion to see what is damaged or clogged. The idea is that the toner must reach the development tank where the toner concentration sensor is located. If the toner does not reach there, the machine logic states that the toner cartridge is empty. In principle the cartridges that the machine has declared empty, will be able to be used and will show the correct percentage after the problem is solved. I am sorry for your problems, but I have not heard and have not at least such defects so far.
0 Kudos