cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Empty toner after replacement

Cheryl,

This is clearly a major problem among many, many C7000 units.  What is Xerox doing to fix this?  I spent a lot of money last March on this unit, used it minimally, and now am stuck with the very same issue all others are having.  Please advise as I need to get some printing done ASAP.  I can't afford to keep buying toner which doesn't even work.

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It's been a few weeks and I'm still waiting for the tech to come back and try again. He did fix the magenta clog but the black is still bad.

you should try the customer suport group. They cant seem to do much to motivate the tech to return but they did send me a full set of color carts and 2 black carts so I wouldnt have to pay for any more "tests"....

I did watch him from m y desk as he dug out the clogged toner with a screwdriver. and got a really good view of the mechanism. 

It's a really poor design A half inch opening in the toner cart feeds an auger drive that drops the toner into a gravity feed funnel with a 1/4 opening on the bottom! Once it backs up in the funnel the auger packs it in tight. Then it jams the auger and strips the drive gears....

He suggested it might be an envirommental issue with high humidity but I have a temp/humidity logger  in that room 6 feet from the printer that shows it's not only in the acceptable range according to the manual but its in the optimal operating range at 70F and 30% humidity....

Then he suggested it might be a poor quality non genuine toner but it was still on the "starter carts" it came with when it first clogged... 

Its been 2 months since my first call and I've only had one tech visit and no usable prints beyond the 1000 it had on the clock before the problem started......

It is very fustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Fast forward to March 2020 ... my HP I bought to limp along would not successfully print crack and peel labels, so I figured, "what he heck" and turned on the Versalink that said "empty black toner" when it wasn't ... couldn't beleive it, it's a miracle, it told me to change out the black, which I did (so maybe there is some truth about the chip as previously stated (but not really), it actually printed out the job of crack and peel (about 15 pages by-pass). The machine still sounded ugly, like the teeth were not meshing, So I was like, "hey, I better not waste this opportuity." I started a job (8, 54 page duplex from the tray) ... got through 4 sets -- then I needed to change the Cyan cartride. I did. Job restarted and continued ... then the old "out of black toner" popped up; and both black toner cartridges (that I know have toner in them) would not work ... it printed 6 out of the 8 manuals then went back to lieing to me about the black toner . . . I will someday buy a service manual and figure it out or, I'll just throw it in the dumpster like the Xeox rep. told me to do ... so, let it set for 4 months and keep your fingers crossed ...

0 Kudos