cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can not print to 5335 over wired network. Always says Offline.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a 5335 machine conected to a wired network. On my PC's running win10 we cannot print to it, it always says Offline.

I have installed all the latest drivers and went thru all the settings numerous times.

Also on a different PC not win 10 we can print fine as long as the machine does not go to sleep. 60min Max. Then we have to physically wake the machine up.

Thanks for any help provided.

Chris

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Can not print to 5335 over wired network. Always says Offline.

Jump to solution

For the Windows 10 PC, reinstall it manually and make sure it is a Standard TCP/IP port. (Do not use a V4 driver or a Class driver either)

Then for both computers go into Control Panel > Devices and Printers

Right-click the printer and go to Printer Properties > Ports > Configure Port and un-check both boxes circled (3) here

1.JPG

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Well it worked but now I get the error Printer Not Ready when trying to print from outlook
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

Reboot

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

After a reboot I still have the Printer Not Ready error. But on the left side it says ready.

2017-11-01 14_51_26-Untitled - Message (HTML).png

0 Kudos
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

Well, while it should not be needed, you will I guess have to disable this as well.

1.JPG

This one should not have any real negative effect either, but it may disable some application settings from going to the driver.

So in that menu right below the printer for instance, it may make it so if you choose duplex there, it won't apply to the driver, and the job may come out single sided. It will not stop you from simply going into the driver to make the change, just *maybe* in that initial File> Print window made by MS for Office.

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

For some reason I cannot unselect it, its grayed out on my pc?

2017-11-02 09_13_40-Microsoft Store.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

And we are back to my first response

1.JPG

And then you posted this

2.JPG

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Every driver in the list is either a class driver or V4

I try to set it up as just a tcp/ip and then it asks to select a printer and driver

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

That is only true if using the ones built into the Microsoft OS, certainly is not true of the driver provided by Xerox on their own site.

Joe Arseneau