cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't print with my Phaser 7500N

Hi,

Since yesterday I can't print anything from network on my Phaser 7500N.

I can access the web interface, print test page from printer and even print correctly from USB but not from network...

I've tried to reset and update the printer firmware, reinstalling latest drivers but nothing works...

If anyone can help me it would be great

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Can't print with my Phaser 7500N

Assuming PC since Mac wasn't specified.

Try switching ports from RAW to LPR or vice versa (LPR requires the queue name lp) and make sure both SNMP and LPR byte counting are disabled for either.

2.GIF

Beyond that we need actual problem details and scenarios ala :

Mac or PC?

Windows or OSX version?

Native or Global driver?

PS or PCL driver?

Does job get to printer and fail? If so, with what error?

Does job not leave PC or disappear into an ether-realm never to return?

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

First thank for your help !

Unfortunately I'm not in front of the Phaser 7500 until tonight but I can already respond to your other questions :

Mac or PC? PC.

Windows or OSX version? Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 64bit.

Native or Global driver? Both tried.

PS or PCL driver? Both tried.

Does job get to printer and fail? If so, with what error? No, no error on the printer, only a Windows error that say it wasn't able to print the file and the print job stay in job queue.

Does job not leave PC or disappear into an ether-realm never to return? See above for details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

So the port is the issue definately.

Technically if the port is right, any driver works, take a bubblejet HP driver and it will still make it, but just plain garbage will come out on the paper, so the port is the issue for sure.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, I can't print on my Phaser 7500 DT over the network. I can print test pages and files over USB connection, but not over the network. I've updated with the latest firmware and drivers. I'm have an Apple computer running OS 10.11.6. I'd really appreciate some help!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

You have to give something to work with.

I will go ahead and assume that you got the latest device specific driver from Xerox.com and not from Apple.

I can't assume if you are trying to install via IPP, or LPD, or HP Jet direct.

I have no idea if you can't print because:

1. The driver doesn't show up

2. The job fails on the Mac and sits in queue with a message about the printer

3. The job disappears.

4. The job gets to the printer and fails.

5. The job goes and prints but comes out garbled

6. Your Mac and the printer can't even see each other so you can't even get to CWIS to verify status.

7. Any of a thousand other possibilities.

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Joe,

I'm not an IT person and I'm doing  my best to work this out. Thanks for your patience.

I downloaded the print driver from Xerox. At the end of the installation, the process finishes by trying to connect to the printer - but it find it in my case - even if I direct connect the printer to my computer via Ethernet, rather than my network. Note, I was able to install the latest firmware update via USB. Does this provide enough information? When I try to print - Error message in Print Queue - "The printer is not connected."

Regards,

- Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Take the IPv4 address of the printer and put it in the address bar of your web browser.

If it loads the web interface to the printer you can get it to print, if it does not, there is a network issue.

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos