Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cannot Reset Admin Password

Jump to solution
Product Name: Xerox B210
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

I cannot reset my admin password.

I bought Xerox B210 printer for my own use. I must have set admin password, but I cannot find it.

I was told by chat help to reinstall software, but that did not work. I tried to reset the printer to factory setting, but I need a password to do that.

I am using Windows 10, all up to date. I have uninstalled all Xerox printer software using both the Xerox uninstall program and using Windows. I restarted the PC. I turned off the printer.

I downloaded the driver for the B210 and ran setup. I followed the Wireless Network Connection as per the installation directions and YouTube video. But I unable to get to the Admin page in which I use the factory setting of the serial number for the initial password.

The prompt I get: new window opens with the letter “i” 10.0.0.159/SaveChanges.cgi.  Sign in.  http://10.0.0.159. Your connection to this site is not private”. Then it asks for Username and Password.

I am stuck!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Cannot Reset Admin Password

Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you tried the machine serial number as admin password?

Gabi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes, I have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi folks,

I ended up returning the printer for a new one. Doesn't seem like the most cost-effective solution.

thank you Zerox! Seriously, great treatement

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

To others reading this case please remember the password may be case specific on your printer.  Make sure you enter the Serial number with the capitalization when trying the serial number as the default password.  

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!