cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CouponPages.Com New Member

Cardstock curling... any way to get rid of the curl?

I need to print large batches of print jobs on thicker papers... about 65 lb (cover stock)  to 110 lb (card stock).  

The printer feeds and prints without any issue... but the curl is intense.  The problem for me is that I then take that stack and feed it into a cutting machine, and the curl interferes with getting them to feed into that machine.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Cardstock curling... any way to get rid of the curl?

FYI... Possible workaround. 

I left a stack of badly curled 67 lb cover stock that I printed this morning under a s huge stack of textbooks.  When I got back home about 10 hours later, I anxiously lifted the stack of books to see if it flattened out.

The result of 10 hours under 20-30 pounds of books?  Nothing.  The print job was just as curled as it was in the morning.

So, I tried something new.  I created a print job with almost nothing on it, except a small dot, then ran it through the printer, upside down.

The result, the second curl effectifely un-curled the first curl.  Although it increases my print time, the virtually blank back page prints quickly and doesn't use much toner.

0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Hi Coupon,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. You might get additional answers if you post the model of the machine you are using.  I am glad you found a workaround and that you came back to post it.  The workaround may help others.  Please add the model of your machine and we might be able to find an answer to cut down your time.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
fiery Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

If its a 550 with a catch tray then try selecting enhanced gloss mode.

0 Kudos

It's a Phaser 6500.  The curling is intense.

As it turns out, since I need to print batches of 60 pages at a time, the workaround isn't very effectivve.  I'm curious if I had a duplexer to fix the problem....I'll try anything right now.

My last fix was taking each sheet and running an iron on them, the odd side effect of that was introducing static elecricity from the friction of the iron, causing them to cling together, making them jam in my cutting machine.

My workaround for that workaround is to individually drag each sheet across the metal tray on my cutting machine, which is grounded.

Deep down, since I've only had the 6500 for 2 days, I'm thinking of returning it, but now I'll need to find another model that can print card stock with a more straight paper path, so the resulting pages aren't as curled.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Hi,

On the Phaser 6500 stock of 80 lb is the upper limit.  Please consider contacting a sales rep to see which machine you might need to look at to handle the stock weights you use.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos