Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Technical Escalation Service Provider

Color 560 with EXi Fiery

Hello,

I'm having a problem that seems to be a fiery hardware problem. The fiery dropped off the network (un-pingable) and connecting directly to it with a laptop and crossover did the same. Reloaded the fiery system software and also no joy. Another item is that the fiery logo does not appear on the copier op panel. Anyone have an idea? I suspect the main board because both network jacks are soldered onto the board. Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Color 560 with EXi Fiery

after the reload, did the fiery print out a startup page?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Follow the attached pdf.

Start with the copier and the bustled Fiery on, follow the pdf to set the copier itself up with the proper static IP address/subnet/gateway.

Reboot the copier, when it comes up fully, reboot the Fiery itself by holding down the green light to the left of the power switch (about the size of a pencil eraser) until it goes out, then release and hold again until it comes on.

Wait up to 10 minutes for the Fiery to fully boot up. The connection to the copier that populates the Fiery logo is independent of your network, it is populated by the crossover cable. Most times, the results you have happen when the Fiery itself crashes or freezes, people often go into the copier and "fix" the IP address by giving the copier the same IP as the Fiery, which makes it worse.

Of course this may not be the case here, but it will be that, or a serious hardware fault. I can't help with the hardware fault, and my settings won't hurt your setup at all. And if it reloaded without faulting the install, I tend to think it won't be an issue in hardware.

Also try reversing the SCSI connector cable between RIP and MFP. Can't hurt to try it.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

No, there wasn't a startup page. And will try the PDF suggestions, however I was not able to web into the fiery previously. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

First part of the pdf is at the copier itself, after the reboot via the green button aspect and waiting 10 minutes, I expect the Fiery logo to appear, at which point you should be able to access webtools.

Unless the Fiery is broken on the hardware side of things, but again, I would have expected the software reload on the Fiery to have failed if that is the case.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Sounds like a Fiery issue. You are not getting the Fiery icon on the ui because the Fiery isn't up. You should get a startup page and on the side of the Fiery and it should show '00'. Do you have the 2 white dip switches in the proper position. How did you load the sys software?
0 Kudos