cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Color/B&W printing to WC 7535 with Linux

Does anyone know how to print to a WC 7535 with Linux while allowing the user to set the prints to Black & White, or Color? I am using xrv5_WorkCentre7556SMP.ppd under linux.

If I modify the settings on the printer itself, and set the default "Output Color" to Black & White, then all I get are black & white prints, regardless of any drivers setting. If I set the printers default "Output Color" to Color, then all I get are color prints, again regardless of any driver settings.

I'm fairly sure the printer is set up correctly, as Windows & Mac OS systems have no problem printer and manipulating the color / black & white settings. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Re: Color/B&W printing to WC 7535 with Linux

What Distro of Linux are you using?
Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Color/B&W printing to WC 7535 with Linux

We have several as we have an in-house development staff that supports users with various distros. Primarily we need to get things running under 64-bit RHEL6 derivatives, and Fedora Core 16.

The only solution I have been able to get working so far is to install the 32-bit Xerox binaries under RHEL5. That doesn't look like it will be a good solution, as we would have to install the outdated 32-bit support libraries under any 64-bit distro (we normally don't), and also the binary driver is clunky - with its own UI, hacks needed to allow X11 the right privileges, and so on.

I've tried a dozen different ppds all with the same result (no ability to change settings). We've also tried printing up to a Windows LPR queue - again with the same result.

0 Kudos