cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Color Shift

Hope someone can help we are at our wits end!

Had a Color 550 with integrated fiery and about 350,000 on it. If you pull prints from the beginning and end of a run of only 250 you can easily see colour differences. Everything was properly calibrated and profiled. Techs did not have an answer so 6 months later replace the machine with one having only 70,000 on it. Only thing the same is the rip which was transferred to the new machine.

Run first job yesterday and surprise, surprise same issue.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks
Jeff

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Account Deactivated

Re: Color Shift

Hi bouttime.

I apologize for the issues you are having with your device.  I did search our product knowledge base and did not find any solution or recommendation for color differences from the first images of the run to the last images of the same run.  My first thought would be calibration but you mentioned that was already conducted.  I am not sure changing out the rip device would change anything.  Could there be power fluctuations on the line that could cause the problem? 

I would recommend that you contact support to let them know that the same issue is occuring.  They may have other troubleshooting ideas to test the rip or some other parameters that may be interferring.

Please select "Accept Solution" and / or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

I would make 250 copies from the glass and see if it shifts. This will tell you if the machine is ok vs the RIP. Although I would assume a different machine would give different results. What was the color difference? Did it get lighter or did only one color change?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you both for your replies.

I really doubt it's a power issue as the machine is on a dedicated 20 amp circuit.

The color change is an overall darkening of all colors.

May try running from the glass but getting tired of waiting 6 months for credits for non saleable prints.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

I would have a tech reload the software on the Fiery. Also after the reload put all the patches on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Latest update for you.

Tech came last week and ran 250 off the glass and reloaded the RIP software then went away.

Came back today for more testing and is now ordering a new RIP.

Hope that will finally solve this issue.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted

OK here is the latest.

RIP replaced, all software reloaded and patches installed.

Issue is still present when running gloss or cardstock. Tech mentioned something about a different fuser for gloss as it may be over cooking the paper as it heats up later in a run. Anyone ever heard of this? have not heard back from the tech yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Tried optional fuser - same sh** and it won't work with 100 lb gloss. Time to look at other machines.

0 Kudos