cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ColorQube 8570 frozen startup screen

I have a colorqube 8570. It suddenly stopped working. I powered it down and restarted it. When it came back up the Xerox spash appears and that is it. I don't get any error/fault codes. It spits out paper everyone once in a while but never gets past that screen.  I went in through the service interface and suggestions of what to reset didn't work. I went into the B/W menu and it was frozen after 30 seconds. I have tried to access the firmware through my computer but it doesn't open the ip address that I put in. I also let it sit unplugged overnight and still nothing.

I am at a loss of what to do next. I have only had this printer for a month.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ColorQube 8570 frozen startup screen

Hi patsally,

Thank you for using the Support Forum.  Please try turning the machine off and then disconnect the network cable.  With the network cable disconnected turn the machine back on and see if it will power all the way up and allow you to make a copy.  If that works then the problem has something to do with the network connection.  Let me know how that goes and we can go from there. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi!

It finally came up to an error code: 94,000.00:0. Then I powered it down and removed the network cable as you said. When it started back up It asked me to open lid C and close it - which I did. Then it said it was shutting down. It cycled through power for 20 minutes and now I have the above error code again.

Thanks again for helping me try to figure this out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi patsally,

There is one more thing you can try.  Try turning off the Service Location Protocol (SLP) if you can get to the display.  If you can't try this then the only other thing is to make sure the printer is plugged into a dedicated power source, not an extension cord or power strip.  Plug it directly into the outlet and see if that makes a difference.  If you have tried all this and still get the error or the power cycling, you will need to have service on the machine. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos