cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Colorcube 8570 will not wakup after sleep mode

I have this printer setup as a TCP/IP network printer.  Every time the printer enters sleep mode i cannot print until i power cycle the printer.  The computer no longer sees the printer. 

I am using Windows 7 and have downloaded the lastest drivers.  I have also tried installing this as a network print service and I can't even print. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Colorcube 8570 will not wakup after sleep mode

Hi Fordran,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please power off and back on the printer.  Make sure you have the latest firmware installed.  If this does not help try resetting the machine.  If you are still having the problem please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Colorcube 8570 will not wakup after sleep mode

I had the same problem with a 8570 it would goes to sleep and never wake up.  People were forced to reboot it every few hours.

This is how I fixed it.

Installed the latest firmware

Changed the warmup settings to be on a schedule.  Example I warmup at 7:00am and Standby at 6:00pm

To adust this setting you must have the clock feature turned on first.  from the web Go to Properties, General,  Warmup.  Change Warmup Mode to Scheduled and turn on the printer in the AM just before people come in, etc 7:00am. and the Standby after everyone leaves.