cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noontime New Member

Colorqube 8570 printing pure black

I'm using Photoshop to print from (as opposed to the printer doing the color management) and I can't figure out how to get the printer to use pure black instead of composite black. Does anyone know how to force the printer to use pure black? In advanced properties I can choose pure black, but that only seems to work if the printer is doing the color management. My blacks are purple when I print color and I REALLY need pure black. HELP! Thanks for any suggestions and have a great day.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Re: Colorqube 8570 printing pure black

Hi NoonTime,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. I found a couple of solutions that might help.  First how to modify the color and secondly how to select or modify color correction. If neither of these produce the results you are looking for please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Noontime New Member

Thanks for your help. Niether of those work because they are for controlling how the printer manages color, but I am using Photoshop for color handling. The print dialogue box has "simulate black" checked, but it is greyed out so it's not an option to turn it off. Is there any way to turn that off? I previously used a Phaser and blacks printed black on that, now all my blacks are purple. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
germandude Member

Postscript and full bleed imageprinting is a bad option imo
0 Kudos