cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Colorqube 9201 Printing Preferences (Stapling, Hole Punching and Output Destination)

Jump to solution

I have multiple Xerox Colorqube 9201 printers in the Xerox office I work in.  Our tech recently quit and we don't have a knowledgeable printer tech to assist with any issues.  We have a Colorqube 9201 that was recently brought into the office but not fully configured.  Here are the 2 printing preference pages from 2 Colorqube 9201 printers that we have.  One of the screenshots show 3 extra finishing options that the other printer is not displaying.  I have pulled a clone file from the printer that has all the options showing (stapling, hole punching and output destination) and installed the clone file to the printer that we are trying to get these options on.  I have also searched through multiple documents from the Xerox support site and have been unable to find what I am looking for.  I want both the printers to show all 5 finishing options so people can use either printer to use the hole punch and/or stapling options.  I have downloaded the newest PCL drivers just to ensure that is not the issue (using the same driver to install both printers shows different finishing options).  Configuration DesiredPrinter Without Finishing Options                         The first screenshot shows the configuration that I am trying to get and the second screenshot is what the printer currently shows.  I am trying to get both printers to have the same finishing options.  Again, they are both Colorqube 9201 models and are using identical drivers.  Please let me know if you need more information. 

Thank you in advance for your time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Re: Colorqube 9201 Printing Preferences (Stapling, Hole Punching and Output Destination)

Jump to solution

astover,

Make sure bi-directional is enabled. If not the driver will not fetch the settings from the Xerox device and pull it back to the driver to enable those featues. You can also manually add them if bi-directional is turned off. I'm also guessing both machines are idential and have the finishing options?

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: Colorqube 9201 Printing Preferences (Stapling, Hole Punching and Output Destination)

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response JordanR.

I would have never guessed to look on the local PC itself for this issue.  Both printers were installed on the same PC and came up with different finishing options after they were installed.  Thank you for the answer to this as we were starting to think there was something wrong with the hardware on one of our printers (we recently had a xerox tech out here to replace multiple parts on the machine after it came to us from another office). 

As a side question, any idea as to why one printer would install differently than another when using the exact same driver and installation procedure? 

Again, Thank you for the help with this!  You just saved me countless hours searching online again today  :)