Hello. Just posting this to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.
PDF document consists of 10 Letter, 11 Ledger pages
Print Properties 1-Sided, 1 Staple Left, Z Fold Half Sheet (for Ledger)
Limitation variations depending on DFE
Fiery Ex-i: Job does not appear at device Waiting Job queue. No prompts either.
Command Workstation error message:
“Exceeding Finishing[Left top single,Half Z-fold] Page Limit for selected Media Type[Plain][71-82]gsm”
True. If the total job does not exceed 10 pages the combined finishing features will be applied.
Here's the weird thing...
Integrated Color Server: I can exceed 10 pages successfully. However, 19 is the limit for Staple & Half Z-Fold (Multiple Finishing, PCL V4 driver)
When 19 pages are exceeded (the job has 21 pgs.) the job will complete, ejecting the 19 pages and then the remaining 2 pages after, no staples.
Does your machine have the Business Ready (BR) or Production Ready (PR) finisher? The BR finisher has a stapling limit of 50 pages while the PR finisher has a limit of 100. I'm in agreement with you about the math involved here during printing because I can't figure out how your combination of pages adds up to over 50, even if I count the half-z folds as 3 pages each due to the folded thickness. Here's what I recommend doing next.
1. Try to build this job using the copy function and see if you still hit a stapling limit. If the machine will do the job as a walkup copy then that justifies starting a log with Xerox support in regards to this. If it doesn't then it sounds like you're configuration is working as designed.
2. Try to use the V3 Global PCL6 driver. What you've said doesn't sound like a driver limitation, but the V4 does lack in some ways compared to the V3 driver. If the machine was sold with both a Fiery and a PS enablement kit than use a PS driver instead.
3. The EX-i Fiery should include a Fiery Compose license. Try building the job in Compose before printing to see if you get a different result. I don't expect that you will, but it's included so it doesn't hurt to try.
Please update this post to let us know what the ultimate conclusion is.
1. Try to build this job using the copy function and see if you still hit a stapling limit.
2. If the machine was sold with both a Fiery and a PS enablement kit than use a PS driver instead.
3. Fiery Compose: it doesn't hurt to try.
I truly appreciate your feedback and suggestions. This is why I believe this is one of the best support forums I've ever been a part of.