Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJD New Member

Consistent Drum Failure

Product Name: WorkCentre 7525/7530/7535/7545/7556
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Hello,

I have a WorkCentre 7556. The drums for this unit keep failing prematurely. I get the dots printed every 3 inches on every drum at various times. When I swap the drums to new slots the color of the dots change, indicating the drum is the problem. After going through 5 drums so far I cant understand why this keeps happening. Is this a common failure for Xerox drums or is there another component in the printer causing these drums to fail prematurely. For information purposes, none of the drums with the dot discrepancies were any where near the end of their life cycle. The printer has 60,000 prints on it. As a matter of fact, I had to replace a brand new drum today after only 500 prints that I installed yesterday.

Any help or insight as to why the drums keep failing with these dots would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

-Mike

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gabiene Advisor
Advisor

Re: Consistent Drum Failure

Hi,

Your machine is quiet old, even it have just 60.000 copies on counters. Consider that the developer material is old also and maybe have some debris on it (backed toner), so my advise is to replace the developer (that one who is affected or all the developer materials).

Gabi

0 Kudos