cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
planet_rob Member

D125 Fault Problem

Our D125 gives an error/fault of 047-320, which is a communication error with the finisher every time it either runs out of paper, or if I hit the stop button. This doesn't happen during a jam, however when I am having a jam around the #2 area, the printer reports there's also a jam in the finisher, even though there is no paper at all in the finisher. I still have to open the finisher door to let the printer clear the finisher area jam, then I open the main door and get rid of the real jam. I think these two things are related. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do before calling for a service call? The techs in our area are short-handed and I'd love it if someone could give me a solution to this.

Thanks.....rob

0 Kudos
14 Replies
v.andreev Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: D125 Fault Problem

Hi,

Shut down the machine and unplug the finisher cables (2 cables going to the D125).

0 Kudos
planet_rob Member

OK, but what will that do exactly? Are you wanting me to plug them back in? I have to use the finisher, so would need those cables plugged back in, correct? Or are you thinking I'm not using the finisher? Either way, what is this doing? When I restart the printer, which I have to do after this type of fault, I'm killing power to it all. Isn't that reseting the finisher as well?

Thanks in advance........rob

0 Kudos
v.andreev Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Plug them back in ofc :)

0 Kudos
planet_rob Member

OK, I'll try that next time the fault occurs. Does this just reset the cables own connection, or does me turning off the power switch on the printer itself (the breaker down near the floor, not just the switch on top) NOT kill power to the finisher as well?

Just curious. And thanks.

0 Kudos
planet_rob Member

Didn't fix it, but thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Kimzi Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi!

You could try restarting the machine while having the staples removed from the finisher, this will reset the sensors in the finisher.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
planet_rob Member

This error is back. If anyone from Xerox reads this, could you chime in? It's very annoying to have to restart the printer, figure out where we are in the count (large runs on this machine of 50,000 sheets per job) etc. etc.

Thanks....rob

0 Kudos
planet_rob Member

I also want to mention that this is an intermittent problem. It comes and goes.
0 Kudos
planet_rob Member

One last thing, why wouldn't the sensors reset after I do a complete power down? I even unplug the power to the finisher. Why don't the sensors reset after any power down/ power up?

0 Kudos