I have just inherited a Xerox docucolor 242 after a recent merger and I am having difficulties with it. I am pretty well versed in IT so any hacks or entering the command console using the kernel is not beyond me in order to get this issue fixed.
Basically, all I have done is move the printer down to our network and change it's ip address on the front console screen using the admin login. Before the ip address change we had this printer set up as a network printer on the windows domain controller. This windows dc has now had its ip changed and I have changed the tcp/ip port properties on the network printer on the server to point to the new ip of the printer. However, this is not working. If i send a print job it just sits in the printer queue on the server.
I have also installed the printer drivers on my windows 7 laptop and pointed it to the ip of the printer, again the test page gets stuck in the queue. I can quite happiily ping the printer.
I was told that I should be able to browse over the network to the printer and it should show three folders (hold, print and another one). This does not show up.
If I go on to the printer and choose web applications it comes up with an error code and doesnot show any information.
I am assuming that the printer use webs ervices in order to allow people to print and there is something up with the web services on the printer but I do not know how to reset it or change it.
If any one can give me any pointers on how to fix it please do!
many thanks in advance for any help/advice
Normally, you'd be able to make changes to the machine with the Webpage or the WebApps button on the machine. If you're unable to access any of those, meaningful changes will be difficult.
I'd recommend running a Telnet command to port 9100 and 515 respectively. Its possible that 9100 RAW was disabled by the previous owner (Not uncommon) The command is as follows (from a Command Prompt) "telnet x.x.x.x 515" where x.x.x.x is your Printer IP address.
Also, as it was moved the Crossover cable may have come disconnected. You need to have a crossover cable between the Engine itself (Back of the copier) and the "Scan Port" on the white Fiery Box - its labeled Scan. Once you've got this connected, webApps should work again
Let me know what you get.