cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Debian Liinux - Printing issue with Accounting enabled - WorkCentre 5775

Dear support community, At work my department is using a Xerox WorkCentre 7232, with accounting system. However, I'm a GNU/Linux user (Linux Mint 16, 64 bits) and I do not manage to print on that network printer. LinuxMint 16 has the drivers for the printer, but neither my local IT manager or myself manage to properly set up the printer. What I know is the IP address of the network printer and the workgroup (as reported in the SMB section of the Configuration Report). I have tried to install the printer in many different ways (ipp, ipps, https, LPD/LPR, Windows printer via Samba), but the printer never ask for my user ID and password. Could you provide any hint about how to install the printer correctly ? Thank in advance for your help, Mauricio
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Account Deactivated

Re: Debian Liinux - Printing issue with Accounting enabled - WorkCentre 5775

Hi hzambran (Mauricia).

I have to first understand if the issue is with the 5775 or the 7232.  Assuming you are asking about the 7232 I looked at the WorkCentre 7232 knowledge base and found several solutions that focus on installing a printer but I think what will have what you need is in the System Admin Guide on pg 36.  There you will find the instructions for Quick Network Setup. Below that are the steps for Manual Setup using Static IP Address. 

Use this link to access the documentation section within Support.  Scroll down to the System Admin Guide.  It is a pdf so you will need to select it.  When it opens go to page 36.

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7232-7242/documentation/enus.html

Let me know if these help.

Please select "Accept Solution" and / or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you very much SandyP-Xerox. I read the instructions given in 'Procedure for Manual Setup of Network Using Static IP Address', but our printer is already correctly set up, because all my colleagues using Windows can print using the accounting system, but me. The printer seems to be correctly installed, but I'm not asked about a user ID or password when sending a job to that printer.... Any other idea about how to print with an accounting system enabled ? Thanks in advance, Mauricio
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Account Deactivated

First, if you have a valid service agreement, it is recommended that you call in for support and work with them. 

1-800-821-2797

Mint is not an “officially supported” OS for that model of printer.  If you used the PPD files we provide in the PPD package on the website just raw PPDs won’t contain the necessary configuration scripts for managing accounting. You would need to use the CentreWare for Unix installation method to install the queues, and then once installed, you can configure your accounting methods through that.

This installation method won’t touch CUPS until after the queue is fully created.  Make sure you are prepared for that process. Outside of CentreWare for Unix though, there isn’t a way to get the accounting scripts installed.

Next create a print queue using CentreWare for Unix, which will also contain menus for adding accounting options. If you need additional help from there, then you will need to contact support or branch out to the general linux community.

I hope this is helpful.

Please select "Accept Solution" and / or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox
Highlighted

Thanks SandyP-Xerox. My company has a ave a valid service agreement, but it seems that outside the USA the service is not good at all (at least in Chile). My IT support is not able to solve the problem and he said to me that the local Xerox partner where we bought the printer is not working any longer. I'll try the CentreWare for Unix. Thanks anyway Mauricio
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Technical Escalation User

Hi Maurice,

wonder how you got along with CentreWare for Unix on Mintx64.?

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Maurice,

wonder how you got along with CentreWare for Unix on Mintx64.?

rgds,

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos