Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpversant New Member

Disable smart Esolutions?

Jump to solution
Product Name: Xerox Versant 3100 EX 3100 Print Server Powered by Fiery
Operating System: Windows 8

Can anyone tell me how to disable the smart esolutions on the Versant 3100? I have tried going in under ADMIN and changing the settings to disabled, but the button to change that setting is not an option. I have an error on the machine saying it cannot communicate with xerox smart esolutions and I want to get rid of that error. I don't need it to communicate.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Disable smart Esolutions?

Jump to solution

Where are you trying to disable it? Are you in CWIS doing this?

1.JPG2.JPG

And if so, have you tried using a different browser? Because Chrome for sure has issues with Xerox printers.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
dpversant New Member

Jump to solution

From the console on the versant. I don't know how to get to this CWIS.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

Take the IP address of the Fiery attached to it and put it in the address bar of your web browser (IE , Firefox, Safari)

It will load the webpage (Webtools) that is built into the Fiery print server.

At the lower right of the page will be a link to the Xerox device, click that to load CWIS (Centreware Internet Services)

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
dpversant New Member

Jump to solution

I click on my machine name at the bottom right, but the screen doesn't say Centreware just Xerox3100. I have no tabs for properties.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

I guess you will need to call Xerox support, you can't replicate my scenario and I can't replicate yours.

Joe
0 Kudos
dpversant New Member

Jump to solution

Okay, weird. So, I left the webpage up and eventually it did go to that screen. However, when I go to properties it is asking for a login. I tried my fiery and the login for this forum but nothing. What is the login?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

user = admin

Pass = 1111

Joe
dpversant New Member

Jump to solution

Yep! That did the trick. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos