cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Docucolor 252 Network Controller Settings Not Showing Up

I got a Xerox Docucolor 252 with the bustled rip. Just made a recent purchase in the last few months. Printer has worked well and just the other day I opened up Command workstation 5 on my Apple iMac. Cannot connect to printer. 

I get a warning message from Fiery Command Workstation : 

Unable to connect to (DC-252). The server name or IP address may be invalid. 

I perform an auto seach to see if I can have printer pop up and no luck. 

When logging into printer in service mode we go to printer settings. We can log into admin mode. 

Access the system settings then when we hit down on the arrow to go to second page there is no option for the Network Settings at all. 

Page is all blank. 

I have since reloaded the FIery with cd 1,2, & 3 via usb setup tool. Unplugged the fiery, connected USB, powered on printer. Have it load up and then count up toward 08 or 10 and then resets powers off. I then assum its all done and printed then hook everything back on and still having the same issue. 

I have seen several people write about it online but no one has posted a solution. Finally reaching out myself to see if anyone got a fix for this ???? 

Thanks for all your input! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Docucolor 252 Network Controller Settings Not Showing Up

Did you remember to put the Dip switches back in place after you reloaded it?

The numbers should not go off on the Fiery, they should stop at 00 and stay there (100% completed POST)

About 5 minutes later it should print a startup sheet.

If it doesn't boot, reverse the SCSI cable and the crossover cable between Fiery and DC252, then reboot the Fiery by holding down the green light until it goes out, then hold until it comes on and wait 10 minutes.

If it doesn't come online, the software load didn't work, and most likely because of a hardware failure, check the fans, swap out some ram etc etc.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Docucolor 252 Network Controller Settings Not Showing Up

FIXED!!! 

I had a tech from San Diego drive up. 

He reloaded the fiery from usb boot tool. 

If anyone else experiences this give these guys a call at OB PRINTWORX. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos