cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Doesnt stay connected to Wifi

Product Name: WorkCentre 3335/3345
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

So every morning after i come into the office and try to print to the printer i have to reconnect it to the wifi from the printers menu. Also when i look at the menu and wifi status it says its connected to the network and signal is excellent. It even has the i.p address which starts with 192.168.0.12.  Ive recently given up on this printer so i connected directly with a very long usb but no one else can print to it from there computer.  And its also on the latest firmware not like it makes a difference its been doing this since day 1. And the router under the wireless client list shows that the printer is connected but on my computer under network devices it doesnt show the printer its shows my other printer which is a brother and when i type the ip address it doesnt go to the printer setting either unless i manually reconnect the printer to the network again. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Doesnt stay connected to Wifi

Either

1. you have SNMP checked on the port

2. You are using a WSD port

3. Something else is using the printers IP address

For 1 and 2, go into Control Panel  > Devices and Printers, right click the printer and go to Printer Properties > Ports > Configure Port.

Make sure SNMP is not checked, If you can't get there, you likely have a WSD port. Add one that is standard TCP/IP.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau