cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vangreef New Member

Drain ink from Phaser 8400

Is there a set of commands that I can give my Phaser 8400 color printer that will allow me to drain one (or more) of the ink reservoirs.  Also, is it possible to change the temperature setpoints of the ink melters and/or the reservoirs?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Drain ink from Phaser 8400

Hello vangreef,

No, there isn't a way to drain the ink without destroying the printhead and all of the temps are set at the factory.  That's an odd request - is there something wrong with your Phaser?

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
vangreef New Member

Thanks John

Nothing wrong with my Phaser...yet.  As part of a science fair project (gone bad), foreign material (i.e. crayon) was introduced to the yellow ink stream.  I need to purge this material in the hope of avoiding damage to the print head.

0 Kudos
debenllcp-p Member

Hello John,

We use to have an 840 Printer and we think that one of our employees put an 840 yellow in our 8400 printer. Have we runined it?

0 Kudos
dmaxwell New Member

I would suggest to first remove all the yellow insticks in the inkloader, created a solid yellow page (in word, a pdf, whatever) and print duplex(if possible) until you run out of yellow ink.  May take a while but is the only way to purge ink out of the printhead that I can think of.

David

debenllcp-p Member

That worked. Thank you!

0 Kudos