Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: Driver install for Workcentre 3119 on Windows 7 64 bit

Hi Tod,

This is a tough one!  I need to find someone here in Xerox that supports the 3119 because I am out of ideas now.  I really thought that there was an issue with an old version on your computer.  I know that this is frustrating for you and I'm going to try to find someone as quickly as possible!  I hope that you are still able to work and that you are not "down" while waiting for a solution.  Please bare with me as I find an expert to help us with this.

John

0 Kudos
JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Hi Tod,

The expert that I talked to has suggested that you enlist the support of your local Xerox support center as we can not test our answers.  There is a Win 7 x64 driver but there is no information that says it is supported.  That doesn't mean that it's not supported, it just means that we can't find any.  In most cases, the Vista x64 drivers work in place of the Win 7 x64 driver.  I think you have tried the Vista x32 driver which didn't help you???  I believe that you tried the Win XP x64 drivers as well to no avail???  I really think that you need the help of your local Xerox Tech to be able to physically work with you and your machines at your location.  I am very sorry that I could not help you via this forum.

John

0 Kudos
Mustey

Nah, I don't like it when the person responsible deferrs me to a 3'rd party. Bottom line is that you don't have a driver for that printer (which didn't seem to be a problem for you when you rated it compatible with win7) and I don't think a local shop will be able to come up with something Xerox didn't.

It was more a question of trying to work it out and solve things instead of giving up but I am at the point where I will recommend my boss to give up on Xerox. We will give these printers to charity and go with HP for our office needs.

Thanks for time anyway.

0 Kudos
RuiC-Xerox
Technical Escalation User
Technical Escalation User

Hello Mustey,

I respect your opinion but I do not agree with it.

If you do wish to have your issue studied and aresolution being presented I suggest you call Xerox Service and log call. Possible Software escalation with all the required details and you will have a one-to-one attention and analysis of the problem.

Regards,

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos
YangXangai

Hi, I'm with the exactly same problem of the presented by Mustey. Here is a pic describing it:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/YangXangai/Untitled-6.png

I need some fix. It is recommended that the software manager develop a new compatible driver for this machine.

Have you found any solution, Mustey?
0 Kudos
YangXangai

BUMP... No answer from xerox support?

0 Kudos
pepino

I downloaded the hungarian driver from this address: http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-3119/downloads/engb.html?operatingSystem=win7x64 . It works. I think it will work the english driver too. Good luck!

0 Kudos