Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kudu88 New Member

Driver settings will not be adopted in Word 2019

Product Name: Xerox AltaLink C8055
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Hello

We have a problem with booklet printing on the Xerox AltaLink C8055 printer. We are using the driver version 4.0.548.8.0. We have 2 hardware types. One is a Lenovo L390 Yoga notebook and one is a desktop PC from HP.
The problem is the following:
Brochure printing with the desktop PC works fine. However, if we want to print a brochure with the Lenovo notebook, the settings made in the driver settings will not be applied. In the driver settings I see that the paper size is set to A3. I click on OK and when I go back to the driver settings, the settings are set back to A4. Even if I print this brochure, the Xerox printer prints the brochure on A4 instead of A3. Everything works fine on the desktop PC.
Both PCs (NB and Desktop PC) have the same Windows 10 version and use the same version of Office.

Does anyone have any idea how we could solve this problem?
If we use the latest driver (V5.x), then we have the problem that when a brochure is printed with more than 5 pieces, all brochures are printed in one brochure.

Thank you for every idea

Kurt Müller

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Re: Driver settings will not be adopted in Word 2019

Hi Kurt,

You may have already tried this, but HERE are the steps for changing that setting in the driver.

If that doesn't help, you can always engage the Support Department. The support options are HERE.

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
kudu88 New Member

Re: Driver settings will not be adopted in Word 2019

Hello, Cathy.

Thank you very much for your answer. But I already know these settings. Unfortunately they don't help me.
I'm still looking for the differences between the desktop PC and the notebook. Something must be different. Both have the same Windows 10 version and the same Office version installed. Both are domains integrated and have the same group policies.

Of course the hardware drivers are not identical, because the hardware is different. I can almost only imagine something like this.

Maybe someone still has an idea what might be different. Or an idea of how I could narrow the problem down.

Thanks in advance for all the good ideas.

Kurt Müller

0 Kudos