cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Enhanced Print Quality setting seems to offset second page during double-sided printing

Product Name: WorkCentre 3335/3345
Operating System: Windows 10

When I print documents double-sided on A4 paper using Standard Print Quality, all is good. When I change to use Enhanced Print Quality, the back side pages are offset - their content is shifted significantly to the right.

This is totally repeatable. And it makes Enhanced Print Quality quite useless for me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Enhanced Print Quality setting seems to offset second page during double-sided printing

Hello Mike,

I have never heard of this issue before. I searched our Knowledgebase and cannot find anything on this. So I would recommend contacting the Support Department for more assistance: 1-800-821-2797

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Enhanced Print Quality setting seems to offset second page during double-sided printing

Yes, I have contacted them already. Like you, I could find nothing in the forum covering this. Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I had a support engineer call on me today regarding this matter. After two hours of investigation, all we could conclude is a hardware fault. All other possible "remedies" failed to solve the issue. I'll let you know the outcome of a hardware swap-out (hopefully tomorrow).

Highlighted

The hardware swap-out did not fix the problem. Even after downgrading the firmware to an earlier version (suspecting that the latest firmware has a problem), the problem persists.

So now the printer has been declared "DOA" (Dead On Arrival), and Xerox have agreed to replace this printer with a new instance of the same model. Hopefully that one won't have the reported problem, because if it does, that would suggest a fault with the printer design or (more likely) a fault with the latest firmware.

FYI, a technician at Xerox is planning to test another instance of the same printer model to see if the problem is reproduceable in the workshop.

I'll let you know the outcome once the printer is replaced.