cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Error Code: 09,038.46:14996 Printer: Phaser 8560DN

Jump to solution

RE: Error Code: 09,038.46:14996  Printer: Phaser 8560DN  Page Count: 14,994

Today, after printing a page or two that were fine.  I believe there may have been a paper jam that was cleared. (I'm getting this info in the office second hand). Then we got the error code.  When we checked the cartridge chute, there was half a black cartridge stuck about halfway up the chute.  That was odd, but maybe it stuck to the feed mechanism and slid up the chute when we opened the door. I removed that half cartridge and replaced with our last black cartridge...one that was cracked, but otherwise OK.

All ink cartriges are above the 25% mark in the chute.

What we've done so far? 

[  ] Checked the maintenance kit

[  ] Checked for any paper jams

[  ] Restarted the printer

[  ] Checked to make sure all ink carts are loaded.

Thanks for any assistance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Error Code: 09,038.46:14996 Printer: Phaser 8560DN

Jump to solution

When looking up codes, the last number, in your case 14996 is actually just at what page count the error occurred.

Whatever the issue is, it is in the Black ink stick, or the chute that contains it..

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Error Code: 09,038.46:14996 Printer: Phaser 8560DN

Jump to solution

Thank you for your quick response.  Yes, it may be the black ink and / or the ink chute, but I needed some more information to get printing again.  (And thanks for the tip, regarding the last numbers in my error code being page numbers. Good to know.)

It appears my Phaser was getting a false reading regarding ink.  What exactly that reading was, or why it happened, I don't know.  We have ALWAYS used official Xerox ink!  Below, is what solved my problem for Error Code 09,038.46  I'm posting it here, hoping it may help someone else in the future, or me, if I forget what I did and have to do it again!

Solution: Reset / Clear the ISC Fault readings in the printer.  (It's easy) To do this, you'll have to get to the Hidden Service Menu in your printer.  If your machine was like mine, you've been staring at the error code for a while, and can't scroll to any other window.  So...here's how you do this…it’s actually pretty simple, I’m just explaining it the way I would have liked someone to explain it to me.

1) Turn your printer off.  You're going to turn it back on in just a few seconds, so don't unplug it.

2) Get ready to turn your printer on.  When you turn it on, the printer is going to show “Test”, followed by “Initializing.   At some point, the XEROX logo is going to scroll across the control panel window from right to left.  Once the XEROX logo starts to scroll from right to left, press the "back" button and the "?" mark button down at the same time, and hold them until you see BEGINNING SERVICE MODE.  Remember, you have to press both buttons down at the same time at the beginning of the XEROX logo…don’t wait for the XEROX logo to center itself in the window, otherwise this may not work.  (The “Back” button is the one with the bent arrow pointing back.)

3) In a few seconds, after Beginning Service Mode, you should see a window that says Diagnostics Menu.  There will be several subheadings under the Diagnostics Menu.  Using the down arrow, scroll down to the subheading Function Menu.  Note…At first, you won’t see Function Menu.  You need to scroll down further…it’s there!  Scroll down to Function Menu, then press the OK button.

4) Once the Function Menu opens, you’ll see several subheadings under the Diagnostics Function Menu.  Scroll down to the subheading CLEAR ISC FAULT, then press OK.

5) At this point, the printer will RESET and CLEAR, then go back to the Diagnostics Function Menu and you’ll see a “>” pointing to CLEAR ISC FAULT.  

6) Turn your printer off.  Wait a few seconds, then turn the printer back on as normal.  Do not touch any buttons.  This is just a regular start-up of the printer.  It will run a TEST and INITIALIZE, and the XEROX logo will scroll across until it’s centered.  This is the normal start-up. Again, just watch…don’t press any buttons.

7) The control panel will start showing you the percentage of warm up, and you’ll get a flashing green light.

8) Once warmed up, the printer will print the standard Start-Up page and your control panel should say ready to print!*

*Note…In my case, the printer said that I was low on ink.  I was.  My black cartridge was right at the zero line in the chute.  I added a black ink piece that had already been partially used and retrieved from a previous Phaser.  Bingo!  Ready-To-Print!

0 Kudos