cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoobie7

Error when printing with Type 4 drivers

Product Name: AltaLink C8030 / C8035 / C8045 / C8055 / C8070 Color Multifunction Printer
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

We have begun transitioning to Type 4 drivers for all of the printers in our organization. While all the other brands that I have tested work fine I ran into an issue with our Xerox devices. When trying to anything the job looks like it goes through as I can see it go through the printer queue. However when checking the error log I see it failed. After lots of troubleshooting it appears to be that the account doing the printing is no longer the user's account but a service account. The Xerox works fine on Type 3 drivers with just our users having permission to the printer. However when I switch the same printer to a Type 4 driver it requires that I grant Print permission to the 'LOCAL SERVICE' account. Is this a known requirement?

Xerox Type 4 Driver Pic4.pngXerox Type 4 Driver Pic5.pngXerox Type 4 Driver Pic1.png

Xerox Type 4 Driver Pic6.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CherylO-Xerox
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Error when printing with Type 4 drivers

Hi Hoobie7, 

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Did you use the Xerox Smart Start – Driver Installer to install the v4 drivers?  If not I would suggest uninstalling your driver reboot the PC and the printer and then use the Smart Start Diver Installer to install the driver.  If that does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

hoobie7

Re: Error when printing with Type 4 drivers

I get the same results. Print jobs fail without the 'Local Service' account having Print permissions. I tried both Type 4 PS and PCL6 dcrivers. As far as I can tell the Smart Start drivers are just the same drivers I've already been testing with. I could add the 'Local Service' account to all the Xerox printers but I'd at least like to uderstand why this is needed.

0 Kudos