Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Faded lines after moving across country

Jump to solution
Product Name: Phaser 7500
Operating System: Windows 10

Hi,

I moved my printer across country in the back of a bumpy u-haul truck.

It worked perfect before but now has faded areas in the photo on every color except Yellow. Yellow is perfect on the color blocks. The faded lines are not on the same part of the paper for each color as can be seen in the photo.

I've tried the cleaning sticks you pull in and out many times and I've replaced the toner cartridges for the affected colors with no difference.

I also tried the smudge removal function where it sends through several blank sheets of paper on the printer.

Any suggestions on what is wrong with it?

Thanks

Andrew

IMG_20191109_203415 (1).jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Faded lines after moving across country

Jump to solution

Hi,

You must insist to clean very well the Led Print Heads with those sticks.

Otherwise you will need a tech to dissasemble and clean them.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks, I really try hard cleaning them again and see what happens

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. 

I tried cleaning the print heads with the sticks a lot, didn't make a difference. I then took the printer apart and I don't know much about printers however I found solid clumps of toner in all the pathways the toner goes through. I then checked the cartidges and found solid clumps of toner like brittle plastic in the color of the toners.

I also checked some new unopened Xerox cartidges by opening the hole at the end of the tube and found more rock solid clumps of toner. These were cartidges that were in the back of the U-haul truck during the move.

So I'm pretty certain I found the cause of the problem. I think in the move across the desert the U-haul must have got really hot in the back and overheated the toner.

Not sure if  the printer can be fixed or is worth fixing. I can see most of the pathways for toner and was planning to take it outside on a day when I have time and patience and empty out all the channels and put it back together again with new toner. Although I'm thinking the time and cost may not be worth it.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

Hi,

You will need a tech to disassemble the development tanks, to replace the developer materials and clean the entire toner path.

Gabi

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks, I'll look into a tech.

Andrew

0 Kudos