Good mornign to everybody !
I am trying to find out why our Versant 180 press, which has had the entire fuser assembly replaced as well as the transfer roll because of smudges on paper, has started doing faint white marks (Which is present on only the end of the paper, about 1/8 inch wide) on our prints.
I will put some photos of the marks, if anybody has any ideas what could be done to midigate this, here are the steps that have been done to reduce the marks :
- Density adjustement (Through the versant's scanner)
- Fuser assembly cleaning (Through paper and felt, but the felt returns always clean)
- As mentionned above, the transfer roll and fuser assembly have been replaced by 2 different Xerox technicians.
- Playing with ambient temperature and humidity (We are always keeping the printer in a room over 40 but under 60 % humidity, and ambiant temperature is around 21 Celcius (Or around 70 Fahrenheit).
- Testing with different paper, the problems appears on all of them. (We mainly use 300gsm Nevertear, and the technician mentionned to us the hardship of this paper on printer fuser assembly, so we are testing with 8 Mil Nevertear instead of 10 Mil to see if there would be an improvement).
We also use some other coated paper, all around 216-270gsm, Sappi Brand paper (Gloss And Silk)
If anything could be cleaned manually, or parts that are suspected to cause the trouble (Drum or toner), any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, and i wish you all good printing (Better than mine I hope !)
Have you tried to adjust the Second Transfer Voltage from Tools menu?
Select: System Settings>Common Settings>Paper Tray Settings>Custom Paper Settings,
than select a Custom Paper that mathces your paper type, select Change Settings, name it for the paper type that you are having the defect on, , select Save, select Item 6 (Adjust Image Transfer) and Change Settings. Then you will have to choose the value of transfer that is solving your your transfer problem. Save and Close.