cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Fault Code 016.758.09 on WorkCentre 5845

Jump to solution

Hello - Can someone tell me what Fault Code 016.758.09  refers to with respect to the 5845?  I've encountered it, had an issue where a users were trying to print but nothing was coming out. Jobs were getting stuck in queue in the "Pending" state. I've tried searching for the fault codes in the Online Support, but they do not show up. We're running a WC 5845 with SS 072.190.145.13391.

TIA
Jim
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Fault Code 016.758.09 on WorkCentre 5845

Jump to solution

It's a Generic Service fault and is caused by corruption in the spooler.

Due to your symptoms I would assume somebody had a corrupt job printed, and that it wasn't so bad (The PS or PCL code embedded) that the printer thought it could fix it, and kept trying until it ran out of space to do so. (These printers are quite smart, but they really don't know when to give up, once they start doing their thing they will keep trying until they succeed or until they fail horribly and crash)

I can't give a 100% reason for it, just the guess. Usually you can delete the job at the top of the list, which will be the only one that says Processing (The others are Pending until the Processing job completes)

There are firmware updates available, but nothing for the issue you are listing here pertaining to the level you have now. It may have been a one-off.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos