Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
digitalprintplus Valued Member
Valued Member

Feels like the ink is being ripped off the paper

Hi guys

I'm also having an issue with my C75 where when using like anying over 100lb now then the paper flips the bottom and top rows (say if it's business cards) comes out like the ink is smeared

like there's something in there ripping the ink off of the paper

Print 80lb cover it's cool 

100lb cover it's a proble it happened once last week now it's happening all day today

Coupled with the fact that I've replaced cyan developer twice in a 2 month period and still getting a line run through my prints when pringing blues and greens. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Valued Member

Re: Feels like the ink is being ripped off the paper

how the paper looks 

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Have a tech adjust the fuser temp

While waiting for the tech,try Machine Status > Tools > System Settings > Common Service Settings > Paper Tray Settings >Custom Paper Settings > Adjust Image transfer

You should probably make sure someone did not set the fuser to anything but 0 first.

1.JPG

Because the numbers determine how much of the fuser gets heated, so setting it to 1 means the fuser doesn't heat up outside of the center 8.5 inches

2.JPG

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
gabiene Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

And for line run through prints when pringing blues and greens it is needed to clean the cyan laser window.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Or view the drums to see if they are damaged (Cyan and/or Yellow)

If not a ring around one of them, swap C > M > Y > C. If the line moves to another color, replace the drum it moved to.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
Valued Member

Thanks I'm trying to upload the photo of how the paper looks since yesterday but no luck

0 Kudos
Valued Member

Thanks guys will look into cleaning the cyan laser window if this hasn't been done yet.

Also I have changed the drum to see if that was an issue but still same thing

The techie believes it might be a problem with the colour developer drum assemble 

where it might be leaking developer cause we bought developer twice for it in last 2 months or so

Will do some more playing around with drums etc and see cleaning 

also turning down the fuser which dont' think anyone actually troubled and see

thanks again guys

G

0 Kudos
gabiene Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

If you replace twice the developer material and still leaking, it could be an electrical issue with developer HVPS (high voltage power supply). Talk with your tech please.

Gabi.