Here is the link to the Bridging Firmware v38.59.1 for the VersaLink B405.
I hope this helps.
I would recommend calling Support to have them walk you through the steps: 1-800-821-2797
I just purchased this printer and can not get the firmware to update.
Goal Update firmware from 38.51.71 to 38.71.21.
Steps I have tried:
1. Set DNS 18.104.22.168 -- When I did this and ran the check for updates process the system reported "There are no updates available"
2. I downloaded 38.71.21 however it will not install because I first need to install a bridge version
The bridge version would be OS 38.59.1
However, I can not find this firmware version on Xerox's website.
Before upgrading to the new firmware 61.1 and higher, you must be sure the device has a version that can read the encrypted files. If you attempt to install the encrypted file on a version older than the bridge release, it will fail and you will need to power the device off and back on to recover.
B400/405, C400/405, B600-B615 & C500-615 Upgrade paths:
A. At a release prior to xx.54.21
1. Install Bridge version xx.59.1
2. Install Encrypted version xx.61.1 (or higher)
B. At release xx.54.21 - xx.59.1
1. Install Encrypted version xx.61.1 (or higher)
Given this information what do you think is the best way to get his printer updated to the current firmware version of 38.71.21?
Thanks, ~ B