cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Foreign Language

Product Name: Xerox Phaser 6125
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Recently purchased this xerox phaser 6125 from market place. It is a new printer and prints fine on regular paper when no preferences need to be entered. Question is why when the device has been set in english, does the printer preferences come up in some foreign language? Therefore we can't set the normal settings like media, orientation and other print settings. Assuming that this was factory setup for whatever language this is, can it be changed to english.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Foreign Language

Hello FabEddie, 

Thank you for choosing the forum, you can change the panel language in the system setup menu.  This information can be found in the user guide located at the below link.

https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/product/phaser-6125/documentation?language=en&platform=win10x64 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
Highlighted

Tammy L

Thanks for the information. However, the printer is using English for everything, even printing out configuration and such. But when you are trying to print an Item, for instance the paper needs to be changed to labels, the printer preferences box is in a foreign language. I have overcome this for one item by using the control panel to set the tray to that media, but I can not change color method or anything else, because the preference box that comes up is in the foreign language??? I can take  a screen shot of this and include if you don't understand what I am talking about.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Eddie,

If it is on the print driver dialog box on your laptop or computer, you would need to un-install and re-install the Xerox Print driver. Be sure you are downloading the English driver with the proper OS for your device.

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Cathy O,

I looked for a driver for the Xerox Phaser 6125 for windows 10 and didn't find one. Could the problem I am having be because the driver on the original disk dosen't work on windows 10? If so, is there a work around like a global driver that will cure the problem?

Thanks for your help

Eddie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Eddie,

There is no Win10 driver for that device. Try using the Win8 driver.

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager