cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k_graham Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Free Flow, how do I set up hotfolders as network printers

Is it possible to set hot folders as network printers with Xerox FreeFlow on a 700i ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xerox Analyst RuiKZ6N6K-xrx
Xerox Analyst

Re: Free Flow, how do I set up hotfolders as network printers

Yes, it is, but I think you need an option called productivity kit. Go to queue management, right click on your mouse on top of any queue and see if you get an option related with hot folders. Regards Rui
Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos
k_graham Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Nothing that seems to suggest they will be printers.

What is this productivity kit you speak of, so far there has been no productivity as the newly installed RIP generates fatal errors to do with Forms page use with the resultant 5 minute required reboot - waiting for the promise to become a reality.

0 Kudos
Xerox Analyst

Hi Graham,

Sorry the delay, I have been out. To avoid any misunderstanding, please tell me what is your FreeFlow version and the exact printer model, is it a 700 or 700i?

When you say newly installed, is it new for you or is a second hand?

If the RIP generates fatal errors it means that something is not right. When the RIP is installed for the first time, the technician should reinstall the RIP from the scratch using the last available version DVDs.

I suggest that you call for assistance and ask for a full software reload to solve that fatal errors. If the DVD install doesn’t solve than you may have a hardware problem.

Then go to Queue Manager. You will see a list of 3 queues, Hold, Print and Save. You can create a new one with the default settings. Then right click over the queue and you will see Hot folder.

regards

Rui

0 Kudos
Highlighted
k_graham Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Hi Graham,
Sorry the delay, I have been out. To avoid any misunderstanding, please tell me what is your FreeFlow version and the exact printer model, is it a 700 or 700i?

It is a 700i, FreeFlow 8

When you say newly installed, is it new for you or is a second hand?

New

If the RIP generates fatal errors it means that something is not right. When the RIP is installed for the first time, the technician should reinstall the RIP from the scratch using the last available version DVDs.

Our Trainer says the latest Rohs release is even buggier so left me with this one, I think is 8 version b. 

The FreeFlow Print Server Support Tool resolves or at least helps with some issues such as removing background forms, setting up hotfolders and I presume network  printers though I haven't tried the network printers setup yet. A nicer workaround for the background forms would be if we could overwrite them which currently we can not.

The confirmed fatal errors include trying to preview a background form, currently we will use a workaround of only using thumbnails for background forms or previewing background forms before are converted. Attempting to set network speed at gigabit - Dell computer only transfers at 100 megabit on our gigabit network. Changing the network speed to 1 gigabit does not create a fatal error but it does create a error in that nothing can connect to it!

Additional errors but not fatal, are trying to print a complex file with text enhancement turned on. Document does not print

A error in Pantone Libraries where printing a screened Pantone color prints the wrong color. In the instace we were working with a dark blue like Reflex blue printed at 100, 75, 50, 25 printed the 50% blue more like a bright blue.  We  had this issue on our previous Fiery as well. The issue being Pantone colors as supplied on the RIP are only meant to be used at 100%. This totally destroys the value of having them on the RIP and we find it better to turn off Pantone matching at the RIP as people very often screen Pantone colors. One advantage to turning them off at the RIP is the system more closely emulates a 4 color printing press. Of course we have the option of turning them on if we are printing something that only has 100% pantone colors in them.

These errors were confirmed by trainer. When might they be fixed?

Ken Graham

CommunityPrinters.com

0 Kudos
Xerox Analyst

Hi Graham,

Sounds like you already are being supported by a Xerox trainer/analyst. He should do what is necessary to escalate the problems. This kind of problems need a incident to be open, then the problem need to be replicated by your local Xerox support (level 1) and then the problem needs to be escalated to the Level 2 support. Only L2 and L3 can give dates when a fix will be released. 

The support you need is far beyond on what this forum can offer you.

Please keep contacting you local Xerox support so that all your problems can be fixed, asap.

Regards

Rui 

0 Kudos
Xerox Analyst

By the way, the last available version is 82.C3.31.

regards

0 Kudos