cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

FreeFlow Remote Print Server not connecting to printers on Windows 7

Jump to solution

Have recently replaced the old XP desktop with one running Windows 7.  After installing FreeFlow Remote Print Server on it (FFRPS.81.A3.12) it can still "see" the remote printers (4127's) but is showing the Remote Access as being "Disabled".  Remote access is still activated on both FreeFlow Print Servers - in fact an old XP machine is still able to access them - so unfortunately it's not that easy...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: FreeFlow Remote Print Server not connecting to printers on Windows 7

Jump to solution

Hello ColNor.

If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product: FreeFlow Print Manager.

Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Were you ever able to get this resolved?  I am running into the same problem now, just made the move from XP to Win 7.  There is nothing in the knowlege base about this and I have not found any other support regarding this issue.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

No, unfortunately we did not receive any helpful info for this.  The way we got around it, though, was to first install the old version of FreeFlow (FFRPS.81.A3.12.install.exe, which is the big ungainly ~500Mb one) as it contained the necessary "Printer Releases", then installing the new version of FreeFlow (i.e. FFRPS.2011.11.ALL.install.exe).

Before I installed the new version of FreeFlow I actually uninstalled the old version.  (One thing that caused me no end of grief was that the uninstall kept failing without explicitly telling me why.  If this happens check the uninstall log for errors.  If it's a problem with the java heap size, edit the uninstall lax file and double the size of this variable, then retry the uninstall.)

Another co-worker didn't uninstall the old version before installing the new one and simply left both versions on his machine.  He now just runs the new one and has not had any problems with it.

Be that as it may, the lesson here is that it appears the new version needs the old version for its "Printer Releases" to get it going…

Good Luck!