cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

GPD + DC 340 ST 4 minutes to display printer properties

First of all, I'm spanish and I don't speak english very well, so, sorry for the mistakes.

I've installed the last version of the Xerox Global Print Driver in a Windows 2008 x64 server.
Following the "Installation Guide", I also installed the x86 version of the same driver on the server, for deploying it to the XP (x86) clients on the company.
The printer is a Document Centre 340 ST, and I had to use that driver because there isn't a driver version for this OS (the latest is for XP x86)
But in the client side, if I click on the Properties option of the printer, it takes about 4 minutes to display the window, and the explorer process uses about 20% of CPU. I also get the same behaviour clicking on the Printing Preferences option.
But in the server side these options open immediately.
I've tried PCL and PS versions, and I've got the same problem on both cases.

Does anybody know what happens?
Thanks!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: GPD + DC 340 ST 4 minutes to display printer properties

Hi Feluco,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Your English is very good!!  I am not sure why you are seeing this on the clients.  Please take a look at this doucment and see if the instructions for turning off the Bi-Directional Communication will help with your situation.  I hope this helps if not please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Technical Escalation User
Technical Escalation User

Hi feluco,

Try the following:

1. remove any Bi-Directional communication on the driver. (>>Driver Properties>Configuration>Bi-Direactional > Disabled.)
  2. Manually configure the printer type on the driver >>Driver Properties>Options>DeviceOptions>Configuration (Choose "Basic Print Mode" or "Xerox Workcenter Black and White".

This might speed things up.

Make sure you do not have a network issue or driver instalation issue.. IF this only happens on this printer you it should no be network related.

Regards,

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
Highlighted

Thank you both!!

It seems to work better now.
It just takes a few seconds to display any window!

Again, thanks. It would have been impossible without your help.

0 Kudos