cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thctlo New Member

GPD v3.7 problem selection paper types.

Hai,

Im running again into problems with my Xerox 5775 printers.

Situation.

All my documents are set to print the "pre-printed" or Letterhead  etc..

Due to again problems in the printers, i had to upgrade to the latest spar firmware ( sw06113222527300 )
This solved my "resetting network controller" and the ability to scan to mail and now portait works again.. BUT !

And im getting crazy here, every time i have problems fixed with new firmware im getting other problems back.

Now when i go to ms Word 2010, and go to printing, normaly here at "Page settings"  i was able to select my paper type.

Now i only have automatic and the tray 1-5 . 

due to this sudden change, i now must adust 3000!!!! documents. !!! 

How do i get my paper types back ?? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: GPD v3.7 problem selection paper types.

All my documents are set to print the "pre-printed" or Letterhead  etc..

Since Xerox has no control of your applications or documents you will need to explain the link to Xerox here, your print driver from Xerox very well might have those settings, but they tell a printer what stock to use and bears no relation to the application or file creation.

Now when i go to ms Word 2010, and go to printing, normally here at "Page settings"  i was able to select my paper type.

Now i only have automatic and the tray 1-5 . 

Care to supply some screenshots of where this is happening? You specify Word 2010, which I have, and it has Pages, Page Setup, Page Layout, Page Setup and Paper but no Page Settings that I have seen. I'd like to see these options you have to better understand the matter.

1.GIF

2.GIF

And the driver, which is totally independent of Word and the firmware on the device, does have the type options, but still not under anything called Page Settings and not available inside of a simple program like Word in my experience. Which is in the same place for all Xerox Workcenter devices. Paper > Other Type

5.GIF

All of this is going by this version of Office specifically, but they tend to not have different options anywhere between 32/64 bit

6.GIF

I definitely can't test a 3.7 version of the GPD though, In 2003 Xerox was using a 4.1.3 version, I have no idea how much further back 3.7 would have been. Mine is outdated as shown in the screenshot 5.404.8.0N from November 2014. Current is 5.469.9.0 from January 6 2016

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos