cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Gap on top of printed sheets Workcentre 6505N

Jump to solution

All of a sudden when I print there is a gap on the top of my sheets about one inch.

It also prints off of the page on the bottom.

When I print Landscape mode, it offsets everything to the right about an inch.

XeroxSpace.PNG

WorkCentre 6505N-5DFF89 PCL6

Win 7 64 bit

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Gap on top of printed sheets Workcentre 6505N

Jump to solution

Sounds like a driver corruption, you have removed the drivber and installed a new one already correct?

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I re-installed the driver, I restarted the Xerox printer, and restarted my workstation as well.

I don't think it is a Windows issue because even the Information Startup page that automagically prints when the Xerox is powwered up has the same Gap on top.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

Then it is a hardware issue where the sensor is at fault, which means every print has a section that is being printed on the roller because the paper isn't there to collect the toner. I highly suggest a technician if you have a contract for maintenance.

The only settings you can actually do is verify it has not got a weird size/type setup under System > Tray Settings > Tray 1 > Paper Size / Paper type

Else, reset it to defaults via the System > Admin Menu > Maintenance > Initialize NVM and hope.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Jump to solution

You were right the Paper size had been changed to A4.

Grr Who does that?

Oh well, all better now.

Thanks

0 Kudos