cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Global printer driver folder filled with gigabytes of unrelated files

Just noticed that too and then found this thread. This is really outrageous! A driver that copies all the user / computer data from the C drive to its own folder is somewhat scarry... Has the look of a malware infected driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I also had this problem on Windows 7 and solved it by downgrading driver to 5.433.6.0.N 2015.05.20. To do it I deleted all Xerox network printers, then opened printmanagement.msc, and deleted all Xerox Global Print drivers. If you can't delete driver with message that driver is in use, you have to stop Print Spooler service, then start it and immediately delete driver (you have ~5 seconds while service is starting). Then I rebooted computer and reconnected Xerox printer again, default old driver was installed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Has anyone found a good solution to this?  We are having this issue in one of our sites and they have 2 Xerox 7830 devices, printing via a Windows 2008 Print Server.  The driver installed on the printers on the print server are the Xerox 7830 PCL6 driver, NOT the global print driver.  

I can only think that maybe, at some point, the global print driver was installed, and is remaining on the user's drive?  How do we delete them?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It turns out that downgrade didn't help, and as soon as I tried to print again, the DCP directory expanded again. I had to delete network printer and Global Print drivers completely, then install printer specific drivers (in my case Versalink C7030), and connect printer again by IP, so it will use C7030 drivers instead of installing Global Print driver by default.

0 Kudos