cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kokesh New Member

Google Cloud Print Device offline (sleeping)

Product Name: Phaser 6510
Operating System: Windows 10 x64
My new 6510DN doesn't print with Google Cloud Print without local intervention. Device shows as Offline in GCP and print job stays spooled. Job gets printed after I print something locally and the printer wakes up from sleep, or when I power cycle the device.
Is there any way to make it wake up for Cloud Print jobs? This surely shouldn't be normal behavior.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Google Cloud Print Device offline (sleeping)

That was a firmware glitch, try this update

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
Kokesh New Member

I've updated the firmware, printer shows as online, but still not printing. Is it supoosed to print right away, or does the printer get jobs from the cloud in time intervals?
0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

I would assume you need to wake the printer, but I am not sure to be honest.

Printers wake on a LAN because they are connected to via the PC, I'm not sure how Google sends the job.

I know on the AltaLink (Xerox) printers you can invoke it to look to Cloudprint for Jobs at the device in the Jobs app

33.JPG

so it is probably intentional. 6515/6510 is FujiXerox, I'm not sure how they would handle it. You may need to call Xerox and talk to 2nd level support

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos